U.S. Gasoline Rises 1.65c to $2.3299/Gal in Lundberg Survey 2017-02-26 18:25:43.500 GMT
By Barbara Powell
(Bloomberg) -- Avg price for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps rose 1.65c during the two weeks ended Feb. 24 to $2.3299/gal, according to Lundberg Survey Inc.
* Survey by Camarillo, Calif.-based co. taken Feb. 24 and based on information collected at 2,500 filling stations
* Price is 56.1c higher than a year earlier when prices averaged $1.7686
* Highest avg U.S. retail price: $2.94/gal in Los Angeles
* Lowest avg U.S. retail price: $2.02/gal in Tulsa, Okla.
* Long Island, N.Y.: $2.41/gal
* Houston: $2.08/gal
* "There was minor upward crude oil movement and minor overall wholesale gasoline upward movement," Trilby Lundberg, president of Lundberg Survey, says in phone interview.
* "Gasoline market is heavy on supply and short on demand"