U.S. Gasoline Falls 7.4C/Gal. to $2.3234 in Lundberg Survey 2017-06-25
By Laura Blewitt
(Bloomberg) -- Avg price for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps falls 7.4c to $2.3234/gal., according to Lundberg Survey Inc.
* WTI and Brent prices dropped equivalent of 6.5c/gal. in two-week period ending June 23, according to Trilby Lundberg, president of Lundberg Survey
o “U.S. refiners got that benefit,” Lundberg says by phone. "They turned around and cut wholesale prices by that amount and then some"
* Survey by Camarillo, Calif.-based co. conducted June 23, based on information collected at 2,500 filling stations
o NOTE: Last survey date was June 9
* Price is 4.19c/gal. lower than in survey period a year earlier
* Highest avg U.S. retail price: $3.06/gal. in San Francisco Bay area
* Lowest avg U.S. retail price: $1.91/gal. in Charleston, S.C.
* Long Island, N.Y.: $2.39/gal.
* Los Angeles: $2.89/gal.
* Houston: $2.08/gal.